Dienstag, 1. Juli 2014

Bol, Island of Brac: The Caribbean of the Mediterranean Sea

Hey folks,

I spent a wonderful week in Bol, a picturesquely little port town on the Croatian island Brac.
Unfortunately I forgot my camera at home, so please don't blame me for the small iPhone pictures ;)
I would describe Brac as the Carribbean of the Mediterranean Sea. The water is turquoise blue and crystal clear.

Bol was build in 1475 and is renowned for its most popular beach, the Zlatni Rat ("Golden cape"). We spent most of our evenings in the lovely harbour and had some amazing food.
I can recommend the following restaurants:
  • Pumparela: best cevapcici in town and amazing seafood
  • Pizzeria Topolino: they also serve great Croatian dishes and yummy seafood. Plus: there is a great musician playing live music every night. I couldn't decide what I liked more: him or the food ;)
  • Varadero Cocktail bar: a great place with chillout music for your after-dinner cocktail ;)
My favourite dish was definitely grilled octopus with mangold-potatoe-mash (a Croatian speciality). OH SO YUMMY :))

In Bol I tried out stand-up-paddling for the very first time - and I instantly felt in love with this relaxing water-sport! You should try it out aswell. It isn't hard at all, but it still trains most of your core muscles.

There are also many windsurfing- and kitesurfing-schools in Bol. I borrowed my stand-up-paddleboard from "Johnny's" surfschool - super nice and cool dudes over there :)

On our last evening we walked along the coast and found this lovely zen-stone-sculpture.

I can really recommend the Island of Brac for a relaxing, chill-out holiday. It is also perfectly suited for families and elderly people :)

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...