Dienstag, 15. April 2014

Origami Hen-Box as Easter Place Card Holder


Hello everybody,

Easter is approaching! In my family it's tradition to get together on Easter Sunday for a huge lunch at my mum's and usually it's my job to set the table and decorate a little bit. This year I decided to make table cards and a fitting table card holder and as it's Easter I thought that hens may be fitting. Furthermore I wanted to do something with origami so I browsed the internet for ideas and found these great origami hens by Origami Spirit. They are actually boxes which means that you can either put some sweets into them or as in our case a red egg which is an absolute necessity for playing "egg tapping" at the Easter lunch table... ;)

What you'll need
  • origami paper (20 x 20cm)
  • drawing paper
  • contour scissors
  • pencil 
  • triangle ruler
  • a nice pen

How it works

Fold your origami hens following the instructions of this very good instruction video:

 

At first the folding took me quite long but once I knew how to fold these little babies properly I needed about 8 minutes for one of them.   


For the place cards I used simple drawing paper. I simply drew them on the paper (63,5 x 4 cm) and cut them out with contour scissors to give them a nice frame. 



For the names I used a golden gel pen. Done! :)
 

All images by Stefanie Reichl

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...