Freitag, 20. September 2013

Mustard Pickles

Hi folks,

currently I'm totally in the mood for preparing for the winter (probably because it got really cold in Vienna lately and it rains most of the time... ;) ). I started buying winter clothes, gave my first thoughts to Christmas presents and I want to make my kitchen winter fit which means that I want to grab the last local vegetables and fruit and winterize them in form of pickles, chutneys or similar.

Some time ago I made mustard pickles and as these are really tasty I thought I'd share the recipe with you.

What you'll need:
  • 1,5 kg cucumbers
  • 400 g onions
  • 750 ml white vine vinegar
  • 1/4 l water
  • 1 bay leaf
  • 2 table spoons of mustard seeds
  • a little bit of dill
  • a little bit of horseradish
  • salt
How it works:

1) Peel the cucumbers and cut them into slices of about 3 cm and quarter the onions. 


2) Boil up the vinegar with the water, the spices and the horseraddisch and add salt to taste. Put the cucumbers and the onions into the boiling mixture and cook for about 5 minutes.


3) Put the boiling hot cucumbers into jars (make sure, that they are really, really clean) and fill them up with the stock. Seal the jars immediately and leave them until they cooled of. Then leave the mustard pickles in a dark and cool place for four weeks to infuse.


Enjoy!

3 Kommentare:

  1. Tolles Rezept!!! Nachkochenswert. Geht auch mit Kürbis - vielleicht ;)

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Tolles Rezept!!! Nachkochenswert. Geht auch mit Kürbis - vielleicht ;)

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Danke, liebe Nancy Sieben! Schön, dass dir das Rezept gefällt! Das mit dem Kürbissen müsste man ausprobieren... :)

    AntwortenLöschen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...