Samstag, 28. September 2013

From Old To New: Laptop Sleeve


Hello everybody,

recently I found this old pink bag in my wardrobe. The edges were battered and the zipper was broken and I haven't worn it in a long time but I really like the pattern, so I couldn't get myself to through it out. Instead I decided to make a new laptop sleeve out of it... :)

What you'll need: 
  • old bag or thick fabric of your choice
  • paper
  • pen
  • scissors
  • pins
  • sewing thread
  • sewing machine
How it works:

Take a sheet of paper and draw the outline of your laptop on it. As my laptop is about 2 cm thick I added 1,5 cm on every side. Then cut it out - this will be your paper pattern for the laptop sleeve.


Now unravel all seams of your old bag to get a "new" piece of fabric.


Afterwards put your paper pattern on the fabric and fix it with some pins. Draw the outlines of the pattern on your fabric and add 1 cm to each of the longer sides and to one of the shorter sides as seam allowances. To the other short side add 2 cm so can sew a nice hem afterwards. Repeat this process another time, so you get two pieces of the same size.


Lay the two pieces on each other, right sides facing. Pin the pieces so that the bottom and outside edges are aligned, and sew a straight stitch along the lines, leaving the top (the short side where you added 2 cm before) open. At this side now make a double-fold hem.


Done! Finished is your new laptop sleeve! :)

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...